CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
ICIM SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS 2020
The call for nominations for ICIM Scientific and Technological Developments 2020 will be held by ICIM from March 10st to May 31st, 2020, and the nomination will focus on the following directions in the field of intelligent manufacturing:
- Scientific and technological breakthroughs which have significant influences on manufacturing industry and economy;
- Application cases which contribute to the efficient development of enterprises and the improvement of ecological environment;
- Scientific and technological progress which are crucial for industry innovation and competitiveness enhancement;
- Scientific and technological progress which bode well for the future with features of innovative, industry-leading, and applicable.
It is expected that ICIM members actively participate in the candidate nomination. ICIM will select 10 out of all candidates and recognize them the title of 10 Scientific and Technological Developments of Intelligent Manufacturing 2020 in accordance with proper selection criteria. The selected scientific and technological progress will bring the global intelligent manufacturing a cooperative future with their guidance, opportunity creation, and standard formulation.
The 10 Scientific and Technological Developments of Intelligent Manufacturing 2020 is scheduled to be released in October 2020 at the 2020 World Intelligent Manufacturing Conference held in Nanjing, China.
On behalf of ICIM, we sincerely expect your kind participation. You can submit your company's scientific and technological progress and application cases in the field of intelligent manufacturing by filling out the forms attached before May 31st, 2020.
ICIM sincerely looks forward to your sharing, and to discussing the development of intelligent manufacturing with you.
Contacts: Liu Yanqiu, Ji Lin
Tel.: +86 10-68799025, +86 10-68799092
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Address: 11th Floor, Building 4, Zhuyu International Business Center, No.9 Shouti South Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100048, China
International Coalition of Intelligent Manufacturing (ICIM)
March 10st, 2020
Work Process for ICIM Scientific and Technological Developments 2020
The entire process of 10 ICIM Scientific and Technological Developments 2020 consists of two steps: nomination and selection. ICIM will invite its member and experts to nominate scientific and technological progress and accomplishments in the field of intelligent manufacturing. Referral and self-referral are both accepted. "Self-referral" refers that the referrer and the owner of technology/application cases are the same person/team/company, while "referral" is not. The collected candidates will be evaluated by the experts of ICIM Academic Committee and ICIM Industry Committee, and 10 of those candidates will be selected and recognized the title of 10 Scientific and Technological Developments of Intelligent Manufacturing 2020.
For the following items in the field of intelligent manufacturing:
Scientific and technological breakthroughs (including: intelligent manufacturing equipment and technology, industrial internet and intelligent manufacturing standard)
- Intelligent Manufacturing Equipment: high-grade numerical controlled machine tool and industrial robot, additive manufacturing technology and equipment, intelligent sensor and control equipment, intelligent detection and assembly equipment, and intelligent warehouse and logistics equipment.
- Key Generic Technologies of Intelligent Manufacturing: the manufacturing application of new sensor technology, fault diagnosis and health maintenance technology, advanced control and optimization technology, management information safety technology, information identification technology, and application of artificial intelligence technology in manufacturing.
- Fundamentals of Industrial Internet: big-data platform, industry cloud, etc.
- Intelligent Manufacturing Technology and Standard.
Major industrial applications (including application cases and solutions)
2 Appraisal and Selection Criteria
The candidate technology/project should meet the requirements in following aspects:
- Time span: 2018-2019;
- Innovation: innovative, substantial breakthroughs and improvements; solution to technical difficulties or hot issues;
- Industry-leading: positioned in the frontier of intelligent manufacturing; positioned as technical sources; reference and pioneer for related standard formulation;
- Industrial Application: industrial application cases or solution application progress, namely, the scope and level of its application in the intelligent manufacturing practical cases;
- Economic and Social Benefits: significant influences in practice. E.g. great and actual impacts on labor productivity and ROI (return on investment); great contributions to the improvement of the ecological and living environment; certain contributions to the improvement of industry's and country's innovation ability and competitiveness;
- Future Prospect: the adaptability for future development, popularization and application, and predictable economic and social benefits in the future;
- Intellectual Property Right: own independent intellectual property rights and corresponding protective measures.
3 Appraisal and Selection Procedure
- March 10st to May 31st: Nomination;
- May 31st: Nomination pre-review;
- June 1st to June 30th: Expert review, 15 candidates will be qualified for the next round;
- July 1st to July 31st: Final review. Experts from ICIM Academic Committee and ICIM Industry Committee will evaluate and select 10 of the 15 candidates by means of differential voting;
- August 1st to August 31st: Final result publicity and consultation (for 7 days);
- October (exact date to be determined): Release at the 2020 World Intelligent Manufacturing Conference held in Nanjing, China.
Fill-out Requirements for the Recommendation Files
File 1 Recommendation Form of ICIM Scientific and Technological Developments 2020
File 2 Description File Format Template
File 3 PowerPoint Slides for Presentation (in English)
Specific requirements: It must be a PowerPoint document with English audio commentary. It shall include the content of six aspects mentioned in File 1. Please describe its features briefly and highlight the key points. The presentation time shall not exceed 15 minutes. The presentation file will be submitted to the Review Committee as the material for appraisal and selection.
File 4 Letter of Commitment of ICIM Scientific and Technological Developments 2020
Specific requirements: either Chinese or English version is accepted. The document should be in PDF format with project name and signature of person in charge.
File 5 Supporting documents of ICIM Scientific and Technological Developments 2020
- Checklist for supporting documents (in English);
- Original supporting documents (English translation is not required);
- All supporting documents shall be scanned and converted into one PDF file (no larger than 30M).
Supporting Documents includes:
- Intellectual property certificate: the intellectual property right authorization document for this intelligent manufacturing technology/project;
- Appraisal certificate or acceptance certificate: the identification and acceptance of such intelligent manufacturing progress and its test report or approval document issued by authoritative departments;
- Application certificate: proof documents that show the economic and social benefits brought by the application of such intelligent manufacturing progress (The important or representative ones may be preferred);
- Explanation of the technical cooperative development: if such advance in science and technology in your application is co-developed by multiple parties, please give an explanation.
- Other supporting documents: other relevant proofs that support or directly show the contributions out of such intelligent manufacturing progress.
The above proof materials can be provided selectively. The supporting materials will help the reviewing experts to gain an in-depth understanding of the progress of this intelligent manufacturing technology/project. Please take it seriously.
Contact: Liu Yanqiu
Tel.: +86 10-68799025